Discover the MAG Advantage
Make the MAG part of your business strategy. Join the leading organization shaping the future of payments acceptance and gain a competitive advantage for your business. Download the Membership Brochure
The MAG has made great strides in the payments world over the past 7 years.
View the MAG's Accomplishments
The Merchant Advisory Group (MAG) was founded in 2008 by a small visionary group of merchants in the payments field dedicated to driving positive change in payments through multi-stakeholder collaboration. Today, the MAG represents over 100 of the largest U.S. merchants who account for nearly $2.6 Trillion in annual sales at over 430,000 locations across the U.S. and online. Roughly $1.5 Trillion of those sales are electronic representing over 41 Billion card payments. MAG members employ nearly 11.5 million associates.
Benefits of Joining the MAG
- Participation in a collective voice with the largest merchants in the world in order to gain standing with the payment companies as one cross-industry group.
- Direct conversations with all parties in the payments industry at once about issues affecting your company’s payments costs and efficiencies.
- Complimentary attendance at the annual and mid-year conferences, a tremendous opportunity for education, networking, best-practice sharing, reviewing new technologies and interfacing with payment companies.
- Exclusive access to the MAG newsletter, webinars, and research studies and surveys that provide valuable bench marking data and other pertinent information.
- Members-only resources such as past webinar recordings, conference session presentations, educational session recordings and additional tools to help you educate new employees and manage your department.
Who should join the MAG?
MAG Membership is currently intended only for merchants. Typical MAG Members are:
Other interested parties are encouraged to partner with the MAG as a Sponsor.
- Employees of Tier 1 and large Tier 2 merchants that accept credit cards and related forms of payment
- Directors or Managers over payment-related functions
- Individuals who want to help drive positive change in the payments industry
Cost of Membership
MAG Membership is $4,750 per year for an annual Membership that runs from the date joined through the end of the current year. Membership includes:
- Attendance fees to the annual conference for two individuals from the Member Company
- Up to three people from the Member Company may participate
- Access to all information, tools, etc. on the MAG website
- Access to Membership list for networking
- Access to all information published by the MAG
- Representation through the MAG in noted payments industry groups which the MAG joins on its Members' behalf
How to Join
Contact the MAG's CEO, Mark Horwedel, for membership information at: Mark.Horwedel@merchantadvisorygroup.org