The Merchant Advisory Group
The Merchant Advisory Group (MAG) plays a vital role in helping merchants and the industry shape innovative approaches to payments. Providing unparalleled collaboration and networking opportunities for merchants and sponsors, the MAG collaborates with industry stakeholders and advocates for merchants’ interests. The MAG represents over 150 U.S. merchants which account for over $4.8 Trillion in annual sales at over 580,000 locations across the U.S. and online. Roughly $3.5 Trillion of those sales and over 100 billion card payments are electronic which represents approximately 62%* of total U.S. card volume. MAG members employ over 14 million associates.
*Source of Total U.S. card volumes: Federal Reserve Payments Study 2019
Driving positive change and innovation in the payments industry that serves the merchants' interests through collaboration, education and advocacy.
An improved and equitable payments ecosystem.
Ensure your voice is heard!
- Connect with your merchant peers and gather insights that help you solve payments acceptance problems.
- Discuss strategies for applying new technology in today's rapidly changing payments environment.
- Learn from industry experts and draw on a wealth of resources and best practices to help move your business forward.
- Merchants who collaborate across the payments industry to create one merchant voice.
- Payments operations or payments technology subject matter experts willing to share knowledge.
- New payments professionals looking to gain a foundational knowledge of payments and the ecosystem.
2021 Annual Report
All Access Merchant Membership for Companies with Annual Revenue = > $1B
Unlimited individuals from your organization may participate in your company’s MAG merchant membership. All participants will have full access to our complete networking, education, and best practices resources, including our Merchant Payments 101 course, along with designated free registrations for MAG conferences and Tech Forum.
Digital Access Merchant Membership for Companies with Annual Revenue = < $1B
Annual Member Dues
$5,750 - All Access Membership
$1,000 - Digital Access Membership
MAG Membership represents all key merchant verticals
MAG’s membership is comprised of leading merchants representing all key verticals and their payments IT professionals. Subscription/recurring billing, leasing and kiosk also represent growing verticals within our membership. Having opportunities to network and share updates across the payments industry and within your own vertical, where you can discuss emerging issues, is one of the biggest benefits of MAG membership.
Merchant Verticals Include:
- BIG BOX RETAIL
- WAREHOUSE RETAIL
- PETROLEUM/CONVENIENCE STORES
- SMALL TICKET/RESTAURANTS
Ready to Join?
If you are a Merchant interested in membership, complete the interest form on this page and a MAG staff person will contact you.